This summer we celebrated our partnership with Mocktails (our favorite brand of non alcoholic cocktails) and our co-worker’s ingenuity. We held a competition – a challenge to our staff (cashiers and chefs alike) to make their best food using a Mocktail as an ingredient or to pair a dish of their own invention with a Mocktail. We had the leaders of the Mocktail Company visit to taste, judge, and award prizes- and they agreed- our staff went above and beyond! Over the next couple weeks we will provide the award winning recipes here- for your enjoyment and experimentation- let us know what you think!
Garland’s Cosmic Bang Shrimp
- 1 lb 21/25 Shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 ½ cup Karma Sucra Cosmopolitan
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Thai Chili Sauce
- Marinate shrimp in ½ cup of cosmopolitan.
- Coat shrimp in cornstarch and set aside.
- Combine the remaining Cosmopolitan, mayonnaise, and thai chili sauce and reserve.
- In heavy bottom sauce pan place an inch of vegetable oil and heat over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot carefully place shrimp in pot one at a time and fry until golden brown. Place on paper towels to blot out excess grease.
- Toss your hot shrimp in cosmopolitan mixture and serve.