Substituting the traditional wedding cake with cupcakes has become an increasingly popular concept for brides. Cupcakes can be decorated just as elaborately as a cake and are acceptable at events catered by some of the world’s top cake makers. Gourmet cupcakes have hit massive popularity with shows like Cupcake Girls and DC Cupcakes. There are, however, a few options to consider when deciding which option is right for your event.
- Ability to diversify flavors and styles
- No need to manage cake cutting and piece sizing
- Uniform product, no one gets a partial design
- Easy to sample finished product
Traditional Wedding Cakes:
- Are appropriate for weddings seeking a traditional formal theme
- Can be portioned at the reception
- Give a larger surface area with which to create memorable designs
Ultimately each wedding party will have to weigh these options to come to a choice. Don’t forget, Santoni’s will be able to help you out in making this choice. We have samples of many different cake and cupcake options available from our gourmet bakery. This site is a good overview of your options. Both choices (or other alternatives) can be equally delicious and exciting for guests!
If you are looking for ideas on how to decorate, a simple search on Pinterest led us to some really cool concepts.