Well it’s over. Both teams played well, everyone seems to have been at a great Superbowl party, I loved the commercials, and amazingly enough, there’s still food left over. I’m not sure how this is possible, at least at my house, considering that I stress ate my way through the second half. Afterwards everyone divvied up the leftovers and took home Tupperware of wings to be reheated, shrimp to find sauce for, and cupcakes to sneak into work. But there you go. You ( and probably all your neighbors) have leftovers- here’s some ideas on what to do with it all.
- Crab Meat Salad’s got to be the easiest thing on my list, so let’s start there: 16oz. of Crab Meat 3/4 c of creamy salad dressing, 3 stalks of celery (chopped), 5 tbsp of onion (finely chopped) , 1 carrot (shredded) and mix it all together! Serve with pretzels or crackers, on a croissant, or wrapped in a lettuce leaf if you’re trying re-gain karma points from yesterday’s festival of food.
- Crab Meat Omlet :peppers, tomatoes, raisins, eggs, peas, potatoes, crab meat
- Crab Meat Deviled Eggs: exactly how it sounds and also what I’m making for my next party
- 4 Ingredient Crab Spread: cream cheese, cocktail sauce, lemon juice, and of course, crab meat
I would also put my vote towards any kind of pasta with shrimp. (Crab Meat works too…) Throw some linguini in a pan with shrimp and a lemon butter sauce. ( I don’t think I should have to tell you to serve with wine? Call up the Wine Post across the street from us at 410-833-5583 for some awesome suggestions.) These ingredients are the basis for many recipes and I don’t want to stunt your learning, so here are some links to this recipe and others.
- Shrimp Scampi with Linguini: shrimp, butter, olive oil, shallots, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper flakes
- Champagne Shrimp and Pasta: angel hair pasta, mushrooms, shrimp, champagne, tomatoes, shallots, parmesan cheese
- Lemony Garlic Shrimp Pasta: shrimp, white wine, angel hair pasta, black pepper, lemon zest, fresh parsley
As you can tell from the links, all the recipes here are from the Food Network site and Allrecipes.com. Both sites have great selection for everyone from beginners to the higher achieving in my audience. By the way, here at Santoni’s Marketplace, we are having an incredible Jumbo Lump Crab Meat sale- $19.99/lb. (While supplies last of course.) So if you don’t have any leftovers, now’s the time to get ours! Go to our Facebook page and let us know how you liked our Superbowl food, and what you did with the leftovers! We love to hear from you.